Saturday 24 March 2012

CHNC challenge 65: home for Christmas

Not so many entries for last week's challenge - perhaps some were out enjoying the March sunshine! Nevertheless there were still so many wonderful entries with lots of different ways of using buttons - and one or two joining us for the first time.

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge blog now has a facebook page, so I would love you to go there and 'like' it - the more the merrier and word of the challenges will spread. And sometimes I'll give a hint or two of an upcoming challenge - just keep an eye on it for any up-to-date news.


Before I get on to today's challenge, I need to let you know the winner of challenge 64. Unfortunately, there could only be one winner and this is the result of using random.org:

Number 4: Pat Garvin
who shared this beautiful card:


Congratulations, Pat! Please email me at hazelharris@ntlworld.com so I can arrange for you to claim your $10 gift certificate from Digi Doodle Shop.

Now we move on to today's challenge:

Challenge 65

For today's challenge I'm asking you to include a house or part of a home on your Christmas card.

And for this week's challenge we have a new sponsor: The Crafty Pad, who are offering 3 single digi images to the randomly-chosen prize winner.

I am so grateful to all the sponsors who are so generous with their support.

My card for this challenge is based on the sketch for Sunday sketch & stamp 98 and I have used an image I bought from The Crafty Pad called 'snowglobe', which was ready coloured and I just added the text digitally before printing out - you can read more about my card on my regular crafting blog My Crafty Outlook here.


Now it's over to you. As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week feature a house or part of a home - you might want to show a fireside scene, a window scene ... anything that relates to house or home.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 30 March. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 31 March.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.

Pin It


5 comments:

  1. I hope I'll have time to play along this week. Love the sweet image you've used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card...love the image,,,missed out last week...but will make up for it this week. xx hugs amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hazel, great card, love the snow globe image and fab colours. I've actually managed to make a couple of cards for the challenge this week, and submitting in plenty of time too. Miracles will never cease! It would have been three but for making a silly mistake as you will see when you read my post. C'est la vie :) It's late so I better get off to bed. Hope you have a good day tomorrow. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made it too! Love the snow globe Hazel! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry I missed the challenge, made a card for it anyway.
    Cindy find it here
    http://cvanoorschot.blogspot.ca/2012/03/home-for-christmas-is-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments