Saturday 12 November 2011

CHNC challenge 46: whatever lights your candle

Wow! What a fantastic response to last week's challenge - there were so many entries - more and more every day, so many I could hardly believe what was happening! It was lovely to see new people showing their bright colours and sparkly cards as well as many 'regulars' contributing. Christmas is certainly on its way and now is the time to seriously get on with making more cards.

It's time to announce the winner of the prize for last week, randomly drawn - unfortunately, there can only be one winner and random.org has picked:

Number 65: Cindy Pointe

with this lovely card:

Please email me with your name and full address and I'll get the packs of Eno craft toppers into the post.

Now on to this week's challenge:

Challenge 46

For this week my challenge is whatever lights your candle. Now, you can either take this literally and include a candle on your card or perhaps another form of light - a star, a lantern, a lamp post ... or you can take the phrase to mean 'whatever you like', which should give you plenty of freedom! The main thing is to get on and make those Christmas cards. I so enjoy visiting your blogs and seeing what you have created, so please keep the cards coming. Perhaps we'll have another week of a bumper number of entries.

I've made a set of five cards, using a candles stamp - you can read more about them and the challenges I've entered on my regular crafting blog My Crafty Outlook here:

As usual, you can use any materials, any techniques, as long as the end result is a Christmas card - and this week please remember to create whatever lights your candle!

I look forward to seeing what you come up with for this challenge - please add a link to your blog post (not your blog, but the actual post where your card can be found) by 22:00 UK time Friday 18 November. Please mention my blog and create a link within the post for your creation.

You can enter as many times as you wish (a good way to build up your stock of Christmas cards) and also link to any other challenges that allow you to do so, but new work only, please.

A new challenge will be set on 19 November.

Please add your link to inlinkz. If by any chance it disappears, please leave a comment with the link to your blog post and I will make sure it is added.

If you haven't done so already, please become a follower and grab my bright pink button to post on your sidebar and help continue to spread the word about this challenge blog - thank you.



9 comments:

  1. Well, you for one should have built up quite a stash of Christmas cards by now! Thanks for running this blog. Your blog and the other Christmas challenge blogs certainly helped me to get started early this year, although I'm not quite finished yet, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards again this week, thanks for the inspiration, H x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a fun ideas! I took the challenge in a more literal term and used a card idea that lights up my mind and creativity!! :)

    Happy Creating!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for a Christmas challenge this week. I can't believe I forgot to link up my post to the challenges. :-( Oh, well, got it done now. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your site and thought I would give it a whirl, great cards everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hazel, your candle-cards are just beautiful! This time I'd like to join the challenge with a light-card ;)
    Hugs Michi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoo Hoo! Just back from a long weekend and find out I am a winner. Thank you (and mr. random) so very much!! Looking forward to playing along again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your set of Christmas cards is fabulous.
    Thanks for a great challenge.
    Blessings,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comments